[Mailman-Users] was Standard Footer, now Images in Footer?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Jun 25 19:30:42 CEST 2008

Lynn, Michael (GWM-CAI) wrote:

> Is there an easy way to incorporate an image into this?  I'm thinking
> the answer is no - since determination of the mail content format is
> made outside mailman's sphere of influence... Just curious if anybody
> has attempted this.

Not without making source-code level changes to the Mailman code, no.  You
can't even include any HTML in the footer.

You can include text-mode links, although they may get HTML-escaped if you
enter them through the Web UI instead of putting them directly into the
template text file on the server.

Take a look in the archives at somewhat older messages to this mailing list.
  They were HTML-escaped because I had entered the URLs via the Web UI.  Now
that we've moved the FAQ over to the Wiki and we no longer have URLS with
question marks in them, you don't see that HTML escaping anymore.

The problem of doing surgery on HTML formatted e-mail messages as they pass
through the system is much more complex than anyone ever gives credit for.
See the archives of the mailman-users and mailman-developers mailing lists
for more information.