[Mailman-Users] newlist list creation error

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Jun 30 05:30:25 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro responded:

>It's not. It's a literal

Sorry, never noticed the quote characters.  Even so, not being a python
user (until now), the use of quotes or doublequotes can usually be
eliminated when setting variables in shell scripts.  That would have
been the mode I would have been in when setting the values.  By habit, I
just naturally leave off the quotes (unless I know I need then for
shell sustitution reasons).

When I get to the step about getting mailman to start at boot time,
I'll see if I can get it wedged into the Solaris 10 services system.
The stuff I got to install exim should be modifiable to work with mailman.
If I do manage to get it to work, I'll submit the files for future
inclusion.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign