[Mailman-Users] newlist created - no e-mail

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Jun 30 19:11:04 CEST 2008

Mark responded:

>It queues it in qfiles/virgin.  From there, Mailman's qrunners have to
>be running to process it further. Did you start Mailman
>(bin/mailmanctl start)?

Not yet.

>Actually, I see this is a catch22. You can't start Mailman until after
>you create the 'mailman' list, but now that you've created the list,
>when you start Mailman you should receive the mail. If not, see
><http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

Oops, there is that cart before the horse again :-) :-)

You might want to make note of that in the documentation, i.e., that the
first newlist item will be queued until the later step that starts the
grunners.

BTW, I want to thank you for all your help and patience with my quest to
get mailman up and running.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign