[Mailman-Users] Server Overload Issues

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Fri Mar 7 01:47:38 CET 2008

> Can anyone offer any insight or suggestions?
>
> Who else is having this problem?
>
> - JimF

> James T. Fortney
> Jim at Fortney.org

My immediate suggestion is to find a new mailman host/provider. Allowing
only 50 outgoing messages per hour seems to be a little severe. Based upon
the average size list that we host, I would say 80-100 members would be
considered a small list by us. How many posts are made to these lists on a
per day or hour basis? An average figure would do.

My suggestion is to check us out at http://www.emwd.com/mailman.html. We do
not throttle our smtp servers nor do we overload our servers. We have had a
number of people come to us from other hosts who had treated their mailman
clients poorly. No one running a mailing list should tolerate the loss of
mail as being part of the service that they are paying for.

Here is one testimony from a client who came to us from Bluehost:

http://robertajazz.com/blog/?p=68

Regards,
Brian