[Mailman-Users] Bounce Parms for a "Monthly" Announce-only List?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 7 23:09:59 CET 2008

Barry Finkel wrote:

>I have a Majordomo list that I will be converting to Mailman 2.1.9.
>The list is an announce-only list, where the announcements are made
>the first working day of each month.  What bounce parameters are
>suggested for this list?  Thanks.

If you want to be really agressive, you could set
bounce_score_threshold to 1.0 to disable the member on the first
bounce. She will still get two more warnings at weekly intervals (with
default settings) before being removed.

I would probably not be so agressive and set bounce_score_threshold to
2.0 to require a bounce in successive months to disable. This requires
setting bounce_info_stale_after to a value > 31 or the first bounce
will be stale whan the second arrives.

So if it were my list, I would set

bounce_score_threshold = 2.0
bounce_info_stale_after = 45

and leave the other settings at the defaults.