[Mailman-Users] Ongoing Delivery issues - an update

Rick Harris rick at learntime.com
Tue Mar 11 13:39:35 CET 2008

Thanks to all that offered advice regarding my ongoing delivery issues.  You
were all a great help.

Unfortunately my hosting company was anything but a help. I'll only give you
their initials (midPhase). They pretty much blamed everyone, AOL, my list
size, the day of the week, etc.  The last straw was their blaming of my
local ISP's spam policy.  If my local ISP was the ONLY recipient with
issues, maybe I could almost believe them.

Brian Carpenter was kind enough to offer to build a test list for me so I
could convince myself where the problem was.  After the last couple of
decided to move my hosting to Brian's company, www.emwd.com , yesterday
afternoon.  The transition was extremely painless and quick (made so by
being a cPanel user already).  Today, I posted a message to my list and was
immediately rewarded with messages in ALL of my test accounts INCLUDING
Yahoo.  Of course, I understand that Yahoo is "hit or miss" and won't hold
my breath, but hey, this is an encouraging way to start a new relationship.

Thanks again to all who offered me help.  A special thanks to Brian and his
team for making my move to a new home an easy and pleasant one.

Rick Harris