[Mailman-Users] Mailman clustering

Luca Villani luca.villani at staff.dada.net
Tue Mar 11 18:22:06 CET 2008

On mar, 2008-03-11 at 15:44 +0100, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> This still requires some patching or other machinations. First, this
> approach assumes that all the mutable Mailman directories are shared
> (NFS or ??) across machines.

Yes, NFS, exported by a Netapp filer.
We was planning to export the entire

	/usr/local/mailman

but one of your hints prevent us to do this.
What exactly are the mutable directories?

> The '1' in each case is the number of slices/qrunners per queue. You
> can copy that to mm_cfg.py and change '1' to '2' so that each queue
> will have two slices - 0:2 and 1:2.

Ok.

> You want one machine to have only
> the runners processing the 0:2 slices and the other machine to have
> only the runners processing the 1:2 slices. This would require
> starting the qrunners manually on each machine which is not a good
> idea or patching mailmanctl along the lines of changing

Ok.

> case). These would be added to the QRUNNER table in mm_cfg.py as
> follows:
>
> The first machine would have
>
> QRUNNERS = [
>     ('ArchRunner',     2,0,2), # messages for the archiver
>     ('BounceRunner',   2,0,2), # for processing the qfile/bounces
> directory
>     ('CommandRunner',  2,0,2), # commands and bounces from the outside
> world
>     ('IncomingRunner', 2,0,2), # posts from the outside world
>     ('NewsRunner',     2,0,2), # outgoing messages to the nntpd
>     ('OutgoingRunner', 2,0,2), # outgoing messages to the smtpd
>     ('VirginRunner',   2,0,2), # internally crafted (virgin birth)
> messages
>     ('RetryRunner',    2,0,2), # retry temporarily failed deliveries
>     ]
>
> and the second would be as above except with 2,1,2 instead of 2,0,2.

As far as mm_cfg.py must be different on each server, it prevent to
export the entire /usr/local/mailman.

Ok, thank tou very much for the hints.
AFAIK with this configuration, we can start the webinterface on each
server, right?

--
Luca Villani     -      Dada S.p.A.

Tel: +39 055 20021517   Mobile: +39 335 8753086
ICQ: 76272621           Skype: luca.villani