[Mailman-Users] installation - which files linked from http?

billc billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Wed Mar 12 18:35:04 CET 2008

At 7:55 AM -0700 3/12/08, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>billc wrote:
>>
>>Yes, apache2 with Postfix.
>>
>>Ok, that makes sense now.  Apache and Postfix have been restarted,
>>but unfortunately I'm not connecting.
>>
>>Mailman list has been created.
>>Testlist and testlist2 have been created.
>>All three are in archives/private/
>>The "Your new mailing list: testlist2" email was sent and received.
>>
>>I'm getting /mailman/admin/testlist2 was not found on this server,
>>and similar for all other URLs I've attempted.
>>
>>I'm running virtual domains, in case that makes a difference.
>

>Do you have the proper
>
>ScriptAlias /mailman/ /correct/path/
>
>in your httpd.conf where it will apply to this host?
>
>And what's in your Apache error_log?
>
>See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html>.

Well, that's progress.  I found that I had a typo in the script alias
path.  I've got all the rest of the stuff from that section in place.

Now I'm seeing:

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI
wrapper script to be executed as group "www", but
the system's web server executed the CGI script as
group "nogroup".  Try tweaking the web server to run the
script as group "www", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-cgi-gid=nogroup'

The only thing I see in the apache config regarding group is

<IfModule !mpm_winnt.c>
<IfModule !mpm_netware.c>
	User nobody
	Group #-1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

I'm not running winnt.c or netware.c, so I assume that means I'm
defaulting to User nobody and Group #-1.

Would it be a better option to re-run config with the nogroup option,
or put something in the apache config (and if the latter, what should
it be?)

Thanks for the help.

--
Bill Christensen