[Mailman-Users] Mailman does not deliver messages any more

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 26 19:53:53 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>
>> Recently, Mailman stopped delivering messages to list members,
>> administrators etc.
>>
>> The messages are archived just fine, I can browse them in a web
>> interface, but it looks like Mailman does not want to deliver any
>> message any more.
>>

>> There is nothing interesting in Mailman logs, nothing in mail server logs.
>>
>> The server had a crash recently, but everything else works just fine and
>> I have really no idea what should I look for.
>

> Is OutgoingRunner running? Are the messages queued in qfiles/out/ ?
>
> See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>

OutgoingRunner was running, and there were messages in qfiles/out. Other
points from that FAQ entry didn't apply much as well.

Simply restarting Mailman helped (why didn't I do it in the first place?
I guess I'm just not accustomed to restarting), but I'm still not sure
of the reason it stopped delivering messages.

Thanks for help.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org