[Mailman-Users] List of owners and subscribers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 5 19:56:21 CEST 2008

Melinda Gilmore wrote:

>Has anyone out there put together and scripts that might extract out owners
>and subscribers to a list.  Where you could see all the list and all their
>subscribers in one place.    We have a group of list here that not everyone
>is on, but they are closely related to the lists, and someone had put
>together just an excel spreadsheet with links to see who was on the list.
>This is a very cumbersome process.  The need for this type of a list is used
>several ways, as in if a user is on one list they may not be put on a new
>list so they look at this list.   Some users need to look up a person to see
>if they will receive the information.  Just somehting that user have gotten
>used to.  When I switch them over to new  mailman I do not want to have to
>put something like this together,  Was wondering if there is something close
>I can give them in replacement.  Hope this  makes sense.

How about

bin/find_member --owners .

(note the '.' at the end which is a regexp that matches anything).

This is not exactly what you're asking for because it gives lists by
member instead of members by list. If you want results by list,
something allong the lines of

#!/bin/sh
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
  echo '    Owners and moderators'
  bin/list_owners -m $list
  echo '    Members'
  bin/list_members --fullnames $list