[Mailman-Users] Create list error via Web Interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 04:24:00 CEST 2008

Bill Honneus wrote:

>I have the Mailman web interface up and running, and I'm getting an
>error when I try to create a list using the create page.
>
>I'm going to this URL to create a new list, where 111.111.111.111 is the
>private IP address on our LAN segment:
>
>http://111.111.111.111/mailman/create
><http://111.111.111.111/mailman/create>
>
> I'm using my site password to try and submit the form. However, when I
>click "Create List", I get the following error:
>

>Error: Unknown virtual host: 111.111.111.111

You have the default

VIRTUAL_HOSTS_OVERVIEW = Yes

setting and 111.111.111.111 is not a url host in an add_virtualhost()
directive in your configuration.

If you are not using virtual domains and you want all your lists to be
in the DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST domains, set

VIRTUAL_HOSTS_OVERVIEW = No

in mm_cfg.py. Otherwise, go to the create page from the domain you want
the list to be in, and be sure that it is a configured virtual host.