[Mailman-Users] Default URL Host Issue

Bill Honneus (honneus) honneus at cisco.com
Tue May 6 15:59:53 CEST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sapiro [mailto:mark at msapiro.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 12:28 AM
To: Bill Honneus (honneus); mailman-users at python.org
Subject: RE: [Mailman-Users] Default URL Host Issue

Bill Honneus wrote:

>[BillH] Yes, I have the following ScriptAliases defined in my
>httpd.conf:
>
>ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/"
>ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"

It's not what else you need. You have the right

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"

directive. It is apparently not in a place where it applies to the
my-hostname.domain.com host. Is it inside a VirtualHost or
NameVirtualHost block? If so, it needs also to be in the VirtualHost or
NameVirtualHost block that applies to the my-hostname.domain.com host.

If that's not the answer, then there is some other configuration
redirect or rewrite involving my-hostname.domain.com that is preventing
the ScriptAlias /mailman/ from matching.

[BillH]  I checked, and the ScriptAlias is in a directive called
<IfModule alias_module> in my httpd.conf.  I'm not sure what you mean by
VirtualHost or NameVirtualHost blocks as I didn't see anything
resembling that in the httpd.conf in my /usr/local/apache2/conf folder.

Bill