[Mailman-Users] Finding subject text

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 16 16:58:09 CEST 2008

Sven Schmidt wrote:

>Mark Sapiro schrieb:
>> Are you saying that subject_prefix on the list's General Options page
>> is empty, yet the subject is being prefixed on list mails?
>yes, subject_prefix (general): empty
>
>> If that is what you're saying, then either this is a different list
>> than you think it is and you are not looking at the General Options
>> page/config.pck for the list that is actually processing the mail, or
>> there are some modifications to this Mailman that are doing this.
>I've noticed, that CookHeaders.pyc is bigger on the old server, but are
>the same CookHeaders.py.
>I guess, someone had copied it there.

So there was a prior server involved. Are you sure the messages with
prefixed subject are not coming from that server, or if they are
coming from the new server, that the admin interface isn't going to
the old server.

Note that the .pyc size difference could be the result of compilation
by a different Python version.