[Mailman-Users] Porting Issues

Bill Tenny-Brittian tennybrittian at gmail.com
Sat May 17 16:34:56 CEST 2008

Greetings.

We're running mailman 2.1.9.cp2 on a Linux server. We set up with
PeertoPeer.net to filter our spam, which had become unmanageable. Because
some spammers were sending directly to our IP, we changed the MX settings to
go directly to PeerToPeer rather than through cPanel (mx). In addition, we
changed our firewall smtp from 25.

It worked great and spam dropped to virtually zero, but all our mailing
lists stopped working. They weren't caught in our spam trap (we can see
what's captured) . they simply didn't go through. We reopened the MX
settings and all our listServ emails shuffled through.

The question is, where do we change the settings in Mailman to allow the
messages to be diverted to peertopeer and/or allow an alternate port from
25?

Note: I'm just the site owner and though I have some basic knowledge of
cPanel, WHM, etc., any responses will probably be forwarded to the CoLo
server guru and/or to PeerToPeer to make adjustments . unless the fix is
incredibly easy!

Thanks in advance!

Blessings
Bill Tenny-Brittian

Senior Editor: Net Results

Senior Consultant: Easum Bandy & Associates