[Mailman-Users] Porting Issues

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat May 17 19:54:14 CEST 2008

On 5/17/08, Bill Tenny-Brittian wrote:

>  It worked great and spam dropped to virtually zero, but all our mailing
>  lists stopped working. They weren't caught in our spam trap (we can see
>  what's captured) . they simply didn't go through. We reopened the MX
>  settings and all our listServ emails shuffled through.
>
>  The question is, where do we change the settings in Mailman to allow the
>  messages to be diverted to peertopeer and/or allow an alternate port from
>  25?

For incoming mail, you don't have any control over this within
Mailman.  You need to make these changes within your MTA.

For outgoing mail, there is an SMTPPORT= definition in mm_cfg.py that
can be changed, but if you're running on cPanel, then you probably
don't have the access required to change that.  If your hosting
provider won't change that for you, then you either have to find a
different hosting provider, or find a different way to try to solve
this problem.