[Mailman-Users] re-install postfix?

Fri May 30 13:44:13 CEST 2008

On 5/30/2008 7:32 AM, Dov Oxenberg wrote:
> Good morning,
> Until Wednesday night my Server was running like a champ then
> suddenly, mysteriously, Postfix broke for no apparent reason. It is
> failing to start reporting "no local interface found for..."

Sounds like you have a problem with your NIC...

> citing some IP address which is invalid for my system.  I have not
> been able to get anywhere since Wednesday night and am now
> considering uninstalling Postfix and then reinstalling.

What have you done to try to remedy the situation? I am on the postfix
list, and have not seen a single message from you about the problem.
They are very knowledgeable people there - but you will need to be very
specific with your problem description, and provide postconf -n output
and logs of the errors...

> I realize this is a Postfix issue, but I wanted to ask what are the
> consequences of uninstalling Postfix, then reinstalling as it relates
> to Mailman - do I need to do anything with my existing Mailman
> installation, will I need to reinstall, etc.

Reinstalling would be silly at this point. Fix the problem. From your
vague description, it sounds like a hardware problem.

Things never break 'for no reason'...

--

Best regards,

Charles