[Mailman-Users] Mailman is no longer gatewaying news...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Thu Nov 13 20:22:58 CET 2008

On 11/13/08 12:29, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> See my previous reply at
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-November/063980.html>.

(I have now read your reply.  I was continuing in the sub-thread with
Brad and had not gotten to your message yet, which now I have.)

> Your problem is the messages have been renumbered on the news server
> and the most recent message on the server is now 42368, but the
> list's wartermark is 339203 or almost 300000 messages higher.

I do believe that sounds completely plausible and is exactly the type of
problem that I was thinking was going on.  Well very close.  It does
appear to be related to the ""remembered messages not being correct (as
opposed to being corrupted).

> You need to reset the list's watermark as I discuss in the above
> reply.

*nod*

I will attempt to do this in the near future (read: 6 - 36 hours) and
let you know what happens.

Thank you for your input.

Grant. . . .