[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe after just one hard bounce

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Oct 4 17:27:10 CEST 2008

Edward Salm, PhD wrote:

>I am creating an annual, announce-only list with over 1300 members. This is
>for a once-a-year community event where people have asked/signed up to be
>informed. Many of the email addresses were collected at the previous event
>one year ago (or more), and I expect many to be no longer effective.
>
>I have set the bounce_score_threshold to 1.0. However, since this list will
>only be used once a year, those bounces would not be unsubscribed for 3
>years!

Not if you set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to 0.

"How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should
get before their address is removed from the mailing list. Set to 0 to
immediately remove an address from the list once their bounce score
exceeds the threshold. This value must be an integer."