[Mailman-Users] Users Being Unsubscribed

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Oct 14 11:53:33 CEST 2008

I run multiple lists using Mailman 2.1.8.  Periodically some users
receive a message asking them to confirm their unsubscribe from a
given list.  This happens despite the fact that they have taken no
action to unsubscribe.  It doesn't happen a lot, but enough that I
know something is going on.  It has even happened to me and my
account that is subscribed to lists.

What is triggering the unsubscribe attempt?  Is it spam that is doing
it.  I know that if they ignore message, the unsubscribe attempt will
age out, but they, the users don't understand what is going on.

Dave