[Mailman-Users] Howto add footers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 17 21:14:10 CEST 2008

Pete Choppin wrote:

>I am running a mailman list server at our company and for legal reasons we need a footer or disclaimer to be automatically appended to any message going out from the server. I looked on the documentation and in the FAQs and did not see any method to add footers to messages. Is this possible and if so, can you point me in the direction where I might find the instructions to do this?

See the settings msg_footer and digest_footer on the admin Non-digest
options and Digest options pages respectively. You can also set
defaults for these for new lists by setting DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER and
DEFAULT_DIGEST_FOOTER respectively in mm_cfg.py.

Finally, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9> for some possible
issues with footers and HTML and mime multipart messages.