[Mailman-Users] Extreme Slow delivery of messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 20 17:05:01 CEST 2008

faisal anif wrote:

>here's the SMTP log:
>
>for 49194 recips, completed in 49.745 seconds
>is this a good thing? do I have to change anything in mailman?

Mailman has completed delivery to exim of the message for the 49194
recipients in under a minute at a rate of about 100 recipients per
second. That seems reasonable and certainly wouldn't result by itself
in significant delay to the recipients.

So the question now is when was this log entry written relative to when
the post was sent. If the entry was written within a minute or two of
the post's being sent (or approved), there were no significant delays
in Mailman and you need to look to exim and beyond.