[Mailman-Users] What happened to my archive? Why isn't the archive process running?

TGPlatt, WebMaster webwitchcraft at webwitchcraft.com
Fri Oct 24 22:32:25 CEST 2008

Okay, so now that I've got finally mailman moved and running on the new
server and working with postfix and apache2 and sending and receiving emails
and all that basic "stuff", I still have one question I haven't been able to
answer.

I seem to be missing two full months worth of archives. From what I can tell
looking at my backups, it appears that the last time the archive process
actually ran on our old server was in early August.

Then for some reason it stopped funning and thee have been no archive
updates since then. I suspect those "lost messages" aren't really lost at
all but are merely caught in some sort of internal blockage in mailman. What
I'm trying to figure out here is how to clear the clogged drain pipe and get
the archive working again.

When I first installed the backup from the old server to the new one and
then checked the list's configuration parameters, I saw some parameters on
the Archiving options page that provided for "rebuilding" the archive. But
now those options seem to have disappeared now too.

Can Mark or someone else tell me how I go about figuring out where my
missing messages have gone and get the archive working again as it should
be?

Thanks.