[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.11 - message appears to drop on thefloor

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 12 21:12:48 CEST 2008

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

>I have a list with a user who is not able to send new messages to the
>list - replies go out ok, but whenever he sends out a new message, it
>doesn't reach the list.

And other user's posts go to the list OK?

>I have checked files in /var/lib/mailman/logs and there is nothing shown
>for that time.

That's the puzzling part. Ar you sure there's not a

   'Message discarded, msgid: ...

message in the vette log?

Here's my best guess on the problem.

Content filtering is enabled.
HTML is not accepted
filter_action is Discard (or maybe it's Reject, and the rejection is
  getting lost/spam filtered/?

The user's MUA is set to generate HTML only messages which get filtered
by content filtering, but replies get replied to in the format of the
original and so are plain text and accepted.