[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.9 Bounce info needed

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Sep 15 23:04:37 CEST 2008

john bradford wrote:

>Hi: I am using Mailman that is run from my ISP's location. I use this as
>a "one way" tool so send identical email messages to about 350 people.I've
>made everything work but I would like more. I would like to be able to
>see any and all email bounces as soon as they are seen by Mailman.I have
>set the bounce level to 0.5 so that every bounce is emailed to me. This
>works but this also causes the bounced email address to be removed from
>my mailing list. I must then re-enter them in my list if I want to try
>those addresses again another day.

If you set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to some number greater than
zero, then the bounce will only disable the members delivery and won't
remove the member from the list until a number of days equal to the
product of bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings and
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval has elapsed.

>Is there a report I can request to see
>all bounces?

No.

>If so, I couls increase the bounce limit to a higher number.
>I know I can send an email to list-name-request at isp with "who password"
>in the first line, and then I receive a list of my email addresses. Can
>something like this be done to see bounces? I am unable to see the server
>screens at the ISP. Thanks,JB

There are no reports other than the message you get from
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable. The actual bounce messages are not
saved anywhere.