[Mailman-Users] Problem updating archives

Brian Dunning brian at briandunning.com
Sun Sep 28 15:29:39 CEST 2008

I wanted to remove one user's name (by request) from the list
archives, so I used vim to search & replace his name with xxxxx in:

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mylistname.mbox

This worked fine, and I checked and verified that all occurrences were
properly replaced within mbox. Then I ran this command to try to
regenerate the public HTML files:

~mailman/bin/arch mylistname

It appeared to work, all the dates on the HTML files showed the
current time and date, except that they still contained the user's
name. Evidently it was not drawing from the mbox file that I edited.

Where have I gone wrong?