[Mailman-Users] Problems after CentOS upgrade....

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 24 23:21:14 CEST 2009

Charles Gregory wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> What's in qfiles/out and qfiles/retry?
>
>Where are these hiding? Tried /var/lib/mailman /usr/lib/mailman

If this is a RedHat/CentOS Mailman package, there is no qfiles/
directory per se - they ar /var/spool/mailman/out and
/var/spool/mailman/retry. See <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB>

>It's important to note that the failure logs only appear upon shutdown.
>This would suggest that mailman (and postfix) are stuck until I force
>the shutdown, which then 'resets' the connection between the two....
>
>> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/-IA9>.
>
>No help.

Does that mean that your Python is older than 2.4 or that you are
unwilling or unable to apply the patch to get the debugging info from
Python's smtplib?

I agree that Mailman and Postfix are "stuck". If your Python is 2.4.x
or later, you can apply the patch in the FAQ to find out what is
happening leading up to their being stuck.