[Mailman-Users] Strange Wiki entry for Postfix Tuning

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 6 06:17:54 CEST 2009

Stefan Förster wrote:

> list_lists | awk '(NR > 1){print $1}' | \

or

list_lists --bare | \

> I'm running a Debian package of Mailman and I know that it is
> modified, I just don't know to which extent. Perhaps someone with more
> knowledge could comment on the availability of those two helper
> commands in a standard Mailman installation? Perhaps they must be
> executed as the Mailman user, or with some special environment.

In the standard source distribution, all the command line commands
including list_lists and list_members are available in Mailman's bin/
directory and run from there without any special environment.

They do need to be run directly or via sudo by root or some user in
Mailman's group.

Is it the case in Debian that any user on a shared system can run say
list_members on any list?