[Mailman-Users] Duplicate Messages

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Aug 10 02:33:36 CEST 2009

At 03:29 PM 8/9/2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>David Andrews wrote:
> >
> >This was the only response I got, and appreciated.  Is this the only
> >possible approach?  I am not sure I want to subscribe people to a
> >list they didn't subscribe to, although I am considering it.  Any
> >other approaches -- or do I have to wait to MM3 which is who knows when.
>

>You can see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/TIA9>, but the approach
>there is essentially the same.
>
>The alternative is to use Mailman's regular_exclude_lists feature
>(under Non-digest options) as mentioned in the above FAQ, but with
>150+ lists (or even merely a dozen), this probably isn't viable.

Mark:

The FAQ says:

a better umbrella list as long as you are not concerned about digest members.

Using the above example, create the list "Threesomes" with no
members, and in Threesomes' Non-digest options -> regular_include_lists put

ThreeBlindMice at mylists.com
ThreeBears at mylists.com
ThreeMenNaTub at mylists.com

Then, a post to "Threesomes" will be sent to the regular (nondigest)
members of the above three lists without duplication.

Above you say this approach may not be viable for me.  Is this
because of the work involved in my entering and updating the list of lists
in regular_include_lists , or because of something else I am not
aware of.  If it would work for me, I am willing to do the work -- I
am not as technical as some, and wouldn't want to mess around with
scripts unless I have to.  This approach would also allow me to have
several versions of the almost-all-subscribers lists, including or
excluding certain lists.

Thanks for your help as always!

Dave