[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to configure the confirmations inspanish?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 21 02:16:11 CEST 2009

Jose Antonio Villarreal wrote:

>I read that is not possible to set your subscribe confirmation in Spanish when the request is made by mail,

When you subscribe by email and subscription requires confirmation, the
confirmation message is sent in the list's preferred language. Set
that to Spanish and the confirmation will be in Spanish.

>but i have seen also, is not possible to set the unsubscribe's confirmation in Spanish even when the language's user is selected in Spanish from the Mailman administration interface.

The unsubscribe confirmation is sent in the user's preferred language
if the request is sent by email. This should also be true if the
request is from the web options login page, but it seems there is a
bug in this.

I'll need to investigate this further.

>If it is code genereted, is it difficult to change this to Spanish?
>Tanks in advance.

It should only be necessary to set the list's preferred language to
Spanish. As I said, there may be a bug in how this is handled from the
options login page, but if so, I'll fix that.