[Mailman-Users] Very busy list says send_digests failed, Too many links

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Thu Aug 27 05:14:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

    We had a list get around 30,000 messages today. Eventually, we noticed
emails to this list were really piling up in Mailman's "in" queue, and the
error log showed a lot of:

Aug 26 13:44:22 2009 (9443) send_digests() failed: [Errno 31] Too many
links:
'/mail/mailman/mailman/archives/private/list-name/attachments/20090826/9a8f3979'

    I happened to get around this by setting digestable to know, but would
like to know how I should perhaps clean up after this. Most of the emails
to this list, unfortunately were the result of a run-away program sending
emails. Will the next digest cron job die on this many emails and
attachments?

Thanks a lot,

Ivan.