[Mailman-Users] Question about subscription requests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 7 04:58:22 CET 2009

Webmaster wrote:

>Our users are instructed to send an email to members-subscribe at tucsongrs.org
>with their name in the message when they want to subscribe (we are a private
>list). I, as the list admin, receive the email that there is a request to be
>approved or disapproved but I cannot see their original message.  Is there
>some way that I can see their message so I know who the requester is?

If they put their name in the From: header of the message as in

  From: User Name <user at example.com>

the subscription approval will have both their name and email address.

If you want more, or a more reliable way to get the information, change
your instructions to ask them to mail members-owner at tucsongrs.org, and
when you receive that mail, you can add them via admin mass subscribe.