[Mailman-Users] Global whitelist for all mailinglists?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 9 16:10:15 CET 2009

KoloJay wrote:

>I'm administrating a mailman installation with nearly 20 different
>mailinglists. And each mailinglist has it't own whitelist to accept mails
>from non members (accept_these_non_members). If I got a new email address
>that should be accepted from all lists I have to log in 20 times and to add
>this new email address to the whitelist 20 times. That costs much time...
>
>Is there a possiblity to have a global whitlists? Then changes only have to
>be made in this one whitelist and then are active in all lists. Maybe anyone
>does know a solution?

Create a list 'listname' which doesn't send passwords or notices and
for which new members are moderated by default and
member_moderation_action is discard. This is your whitelist. Then add
@listname to accept_these_nonmembers of the other lists.

Also, see the script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/non_members>.