[Mailman-Users] Hello List

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Fri Dec 18 18:02:40 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 18:34 +0200, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Yes I can clear their moderation flag, and in fact this is what I first
> suggested, but my message was in response to a message from Mark who was
> putting forward the position that this was a bad idea and that it's better
> to post using the Approved: header instead.

I don't entirely agree with Mark on this.  I generally offer my
customers the option of using either mechanism, with the caveat that
using the mod flag is potentially less secure.

You have two moderation passwords, one for "administrators" and one for
"moderators".  Either will work in an "Approved" header or pseudo-
header.  If you don't designate any moderators, then only the
administrator password is effective.  There's no reason you couldn't
designate a group of moderators and give them the password, and then
change it administratively if their service is no longer needed.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services |  to solve it."  - Albert Einstein