[Mailman-Users] Help

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 5 01:26:08 CET 2009

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>I was moving a list from one server to another, and following creating directories and moving files, I attempted to run the following command:
>
>withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME
>
>Now I cannot get to my main Mailman page. I see the Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9 message.
>
>I can however get to each individual list manager url and login.

How about the list you just moved?

>When I type list_lists at the command line, I get the following in return:
>sh-3.2# ./list_lists
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./list_lists", line 122, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "./list_lists", line 94, in main
>    mlist = MailList.MailList(n, lock=0)
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 130, in __init__
>    self.Load()
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 629, in Load
>    dict, e = self.__load(file)
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 602, in __load
>    dict = loadfunc(fp)
>AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'
>
>What did I do wrong? Any Ideas what this means?

Both the above traceback from list_lists and the Bug from the listinfo
overview page say that the lists/LISTNAME/config.pck file is corrupt
for some list. The most likely candidate is the list you just moved,
but if the withlist fix_url worked, that one should be OK.

See the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-October/063597.html>
for a way to find out which list has the problem config.pck.