[Mailman-Users] Pain, seeking Mailman/Postfix wisdom

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Feb 27 18:22:47 CET 2009

Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> I don't suppose there's an IRC channel related to mailman?

Not that I'm personally familiar with, no.

> I sometimes find that the low latency of IRC makes it a lot
> easier to clear up my mis-conceptions and set me
> on track to reading the right docs and so forth.

Agreed.  IRC is very good for those kinds of things.  We use it whenever
we're doing maintenance on the python.org systems that needs broad coordination.

I've been in some organizations where it's used to hold virtual board
meetings, or where there are board members who are physically present and
one of them acts as a gateway to IRC for those folks who can't be there in
person.

> I used to use mailing lists exclusively but
> now think that chat has it's place.

Yup.

If you find or create a mailman-users channel somewhere, please let us know
so that we can put it into the FAQ, or feel free to put it there yourself.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out