[Mailman-Users] Patch for use of Postfix VERP support

Jesper Dybdal jd-mailman-users at dybdal.dk
Sat Jan 3 16:16:52 CET 2009

Hi Fil,

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:07:20 +0100, Fil <fil at rezo.net> wrote:

>I've done the following, with little success so far:
>1) applied your patch to Mailman/Defaults.py and Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py
>2) added the 2 configuration lines in Mailman/mm_cfg.py
>3) restarted mailman :-)
>4) added to /etc/postfixmain.cf the line
>   smtpd_authorized_verp_clients=127.0.0.0/8
>5) reloaded postfix
>
>But no luck: I still receive messages with Return-Path: <test-bounces at rezo.net>

What you've done so far is to ensure that when and if Mailman uses VERP,
it does so by asking Postfix to create the VERP return path, instead of
doing it by itself (which would require it to deliver the message to
Postfix once for every recipient).

You also need to tell Mailman when to actually use VERP.  My mm_cfg.py
contains:

VERP_PROBES = Yes
VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes