[Mailman-Users] non-subscriber managed to post to a subscriberonly list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Tue Jan 27 00:04:24 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 16:49 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> Is there a way that we can require some of these things (if they exist)
> to match each other?  I.e. to require the 'from' and the 'reply-to' to
> match?

This might not be such a good idea.  A "Reply-To" header is optional is
generally used if a reply should be sent to some address _other_ than
the specified From header address, so if it's present, it may logically
not match the From header address.  I'm not so sure about the Sender
header, but I know that it's optional and I believe it's also used to
further "fine tune" information regarding the origin of an email if it's
from an organization.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The difference between |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |  a duck is because one  |      available at