[Mailman-Users] Icelandic: Digest character set problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 27 19:07:39 CET 2009

Mordur Ingolfsson wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> Did you restart Mailman after making that change in mm_cfg.py?
>>

>Yes, I did. Adding this to  mm_cfg.pydid induce some change. Before the
>advent of these lines some users got the accented letters in their
>direct, non-digest mail all garbled but this fixed that. It is only the
>digest mail that remains riddled with question marks.

Note that users may try selecting the MIME format digest rather that
the plain format. Depending on their MUAs, they may prefer this. It's
not a solution to the problem, but it may be an acceptable work around
for some users.

What Mailman version is this?

If this is not a recent (2.1.9+) Mailman, that may be the problem.

It may also have to do with the messages themselves if they don't
specify an appropriate character set.

Also, what do the messages look like in the archive?