[Mailman-Users] Approve all held?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 12 19:33:42 CEST 2009

Alexx wrote:

> how could I approve all messeages (around hundred of'em) held for
>moderation due to one reason or another? I could manually approve some
>of them with "confirm in subject and approved:password message", but
>there are PLENTY of old  ones held for more than 3 days in queue.
>
>I suppose it has to be done via /bin/withlist and a script, or is
>there another solution?

Assuming the admindb web interface is working, you could go there and
approve the posts.

Otherwise, you can modify bin/discard to approve the posts rather than
discard them.

See <http://wiki.list.org/x/nIA9> for some information on the usage of
bin/discard.

If you look at the bin/discard script, near the end you will see

       mlist.HandleRequest(id, mm_cfg.DISCARD, '', False, False, '')

(actually indented more than above). If you change mm_cfg.DISCARD to
mm_cfg.APPROVE, the script will approve held posts rather than discard
them.