[Mailman-Users] Migration to new server, new domain name

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 12 19:57:18 CEST 2009

This is covered in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9>.

>But I also want to be able to protect users with forwarding.....if they
>still send mail to their old respective *@foo.org list, how do I configure
>to foward and process to the new *@bar.org list?

You need to congigure the MX MTA for foo.org with aliases or whatever
to forward LIST at foo.org mail to LIST at bar.org for each list.

In mailman, you probably want to set LIST at foo.org in Privacy options...
-> Recipient filters -> acceptable_aliases for each LIST at bar.org list,
although this isn't strictly necessary because current code will
accept LIST at foo.org as an explicit destination for LIST at bar.org for
backwards compatibility reasons.