[Mailman-Users] Error Creating List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 23 19:10:02 CET 2009

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>Those docs are all very confusing to me... I still don't see how to fix this. My mm_cfg.py file has the following section:

># Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
>MTA = 'Postfix'
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'hostname.risd.edu'
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'hostname.risd.edu'

If the above are actually required - i.e., if they are different from
what's in Defaults.py - then you also need

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

following the above.

Then you also need

add_virtualhost('webdomain', 'emaildomain')

for each other web domain you support.

>>When attempting to create a list from Mailman's web interface, I get:
>>
>>Error: Unknown virtual host: lists.risd.edu

This is telling you that lists.risd.edu (the host in the URL that you
went to for the create page) is not a key in the VIRTUAL_HOSTS
dictionary - i.e. it is not the first argument to some
add_virtualhost().