[Mailman-Users] Email commands to "<list>-requests"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 4 22:11:41 CEST 2009

Beau James wrote:

>Mailman version 2.1.11 on a hosted service ...
>
>As far as I can tell by experimentation, the email admin commands
>(such as "who" to get a membership list) work only when they are in
>the subject line of the request.  The command is not recognized
>in the body of the message, even if it is the only content in the
>body of the message and even if there is no subject line in the message.
>
>Is this the intended behavior?

No. Commands should be recognized in the message body provided that
they are in a text/plain message part and they are not preceded by a
non-blank, non-command.

If you are not seeing the commands at all in the processed or ignored
sections of the report, you are probably sending them in an HTML only
message or your hosting provider has disabled commands in the body
somehow.