[Mailman-Users] Patch: Preserve Content-Transfer-Encoding whenadding footer or scrubbing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 8 17:48:42 CEST 2009

Petr Hroudný wrote:

>The attached patches try to fix the behaviour by preserving original
>Content-Transfer-Encoding even when adding header/footer or scrubbing.
>I believe adding of footer should be as non-intrusive as possible, so
>keeping the original Content-Transfer-Encoding is as important as
>keeping e.g. format=flowed which is being done already.
>
>Please find the patches attached/scrubbed. Let me know your opinion about this.

The patches were removed by content filtering because they were not
attached with content-type text/plain, however I assume they are the
same as in the bug report at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/373083>.

For those patches, I don't see the need for any patch to Scrubber,
since what I think your patch will do is encode the "Attachment
Scrubbed" message with the encoding of the scrubbed attachment. I
don't think that's either appropriate or what you want. The scrubbed
attachment itself is decoded.

The Decorate patch is interesting. I may have some questions, but I'll
post those to the bug report when I have time to work on it.