[Mailman-Users] Question about 'Content filtered message notification'

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri May 15 07:14:31 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > As an aside to the original question, I think the MIME structure
 >
 > multipart/related
 >     multipart/alternative
 >         text/plain
 >         text/html
 >     image/jpeg
 >
 > is fundamentally wrong since the image/jpeg part is related to the
 > text/html part and not to the multipart/alternative part.

I don't think you can say that in general, though.  "Here's a picture
of my new baby!" with a nice inline display for the HTML subpart, and
presented by the MUA as an attachment for people who are momentarily
restricted to text-only, seems like a common application.

 > That said, I have seen the former structure often, notably I think with
 > "stationery" from Microsoft MUAs.

That's definitely wrong, though, if the image is part of the HTML
stationery.