[Mailman-Users] Operational Question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 16 05:36:24 CEST 2009

J.A. Terranson wrote:

>On Fri, 15 May 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> >Am i safe setting to off and then deleting this garbage?
>>

>> You can delete any of it at any time. The worst that happens is someone
>> has saved a digest with a link that no longer works. If you actually
>> have no digest members, this is not a problem.
>
>Interesting question: Since I dont save archives, CAN i have digest
>members?

Sure you can.

The Digest options -> digestable setting controls whether you can have
digest members. It has nothing to do with archiving or archives other
than the fact that if your list is digestable and if content filtering
allows other than text/plain content, that non-text/plain content (and
even text/plain content with unknown character set) will be removed
from the 'plain' format digest as it is built, whether or not it
actually has any recipients, and stored in the
archives/private/LISTNAME/attachments/ tree and replaced by a link to
the stored content.