[Mailman-Users] Unmoderated list member recieving msgs, but unable to post to the list

Millsap, James James.Millsap at chicagobooth.edu
Thu May 21 15:57:03 CEST 2009

Hello,

Have not been able to find anything on this.  Bit of a strange one.  I
have a list with about thirty members. One member has reported that he
cannot post to the list, ever though he was able to a few months ago.  I
investigated, and he was not moderated , nor were members disallowed
from posting.  I removed, and re-subscribed him, deleted and re-created
the list without effect.  He sends a msg, I can follow it in the MTA
being delivered to our mailman server.  On the mailman server there is
no log or acknowledgement of a msg being sent.  I then moderated the
list and his msg was waiting for moderation.  I released it to the list,
and it disappeared.  No delivery, no error.  Kind of stumped.  We have
hundreds of lists, with thousands of msgs being posted .  Not sure what
the deal is with this one list/user.

Thanks in advance.

James Millsap

Computing Services

University of Chicago Booth School of Business

5807 South Woodlawn Avenue

Chicago, IL 60637

(773)702-7955