[Mailman-Users] How list archive is stored internally?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 26 18:18:21 CEST 2009

Karlis Repsons wrote:

>I would like to ask you a couple of questions:
>1. How list's mail archive is stored internally and, so, how can it be later
>copied over to a new server, say, after an upgrade?

In a default installation there is a cumulative mailbox at
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox which contains all
archived messages. The Mailman command line tool bin/arch can be used
to rebuild the pipermail archive from this file.

>2. Is there some way to use a fixed http link to the latest mail archive
>(current month or last N messages)?

Make a symlink to the current month's archive and update it monthly
with a cron.