[Mailman-Users] Errors on mailman startup
submit at zuka.net
Fri May 29 07:01:51 CEST 2009
Well .. I have ran through most of the FAQs and the debugging techniques
listed in them and all SEEMS like it is functioning correctly. I have
also upgraded Mailman to 2.1.8 from 2.1.6 and I still have the exact
same problem. After upgrading, I didn't run the debugging stuff again so
I will try it again but I honestly do not think that it will help me.
Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Dave Filchak wrote:
>> I have found the following in the smtp-failure logs:
>> failed with code -1: (-2, 'Name or service not known')
>> I have tons of these. I Googled this and one of the issues appears to be
>> not having search my.domain in my resolv.conf file. I have added this
>> but I still cannot get mailman to deliver any mail. Would really
>> appreciate it if anyone has any other ideas about this.
> So the problem is that Outgoing Runner can't send mail, so all the
> outgong mail gets put in the retry queue and gets periodically
> retried, but continues to fail.
> There are two FAQs with information about this.
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/AoE9> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/-IA9>. Thes,
> together with some archived posts they link to give some information
> and debugging techniques. The resolv.conf addition worked in one case,
> but it is not the only thing that can cause this nor the only solution.
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
More information about the Mailman-Users