[Mailman-Users] Creating a new list fails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 31 23:57:03 CEST 2009

LuKreme wrote:

>On 30-May-2009, at 15:42, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/fIA9> for why you should make
>> this change in mm_cfg.py, not Defaults.py.
>

>OK, but the settings in Defaults.py were from 2007, when the machine
>was named 'akane' and it had an alias as 'mail'. Now the machine is
>named mail and 'akane' is just a DNS alias. I went ahead and added the
>lines to mm_cfg.py so they won't get blow away, but don't see any
>reason to restore the lines in Defaults.py as it will be overwritten
>when I finally get around to updating.

That's fine. You now have the correct settings in mm_cfg.py so it
doesn't matter what's in Defaults.py for these. What will be in
Defaults.py after an upgrade depends on how you upgrade. If you
upgrade from our source, you set these things in Defaults.py with the
--with-urlhost= and --with-mailhost= options to configure.