[Mailman-Users] Using robots.txt

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Mon Nov 9 17:58:20 CET 2009

On 8-Nov-2009, at 18:09, Max Pyziur wrote:
> I've tried placing a basic robots.txt file at /var/mailman/archives/
> public/

Have you read ANY documentation on robots.txt?

<http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html>

Notice the FIRST LINE:

About /robots.txt

and notice the third line:

Web site owners use the /robots.txt file to give instructions about
their site to web robots; this is called The Robots Exclusion Protocol.

Do you see that leading /?

robots.txt must always be placed in the root folder for the site. that
is the only place that it has any meaning or effect.

--
I WILL NOT YELL "SHE'S DEAD" DURING ROLL CALL
	Bart chalkboard Ep. 9F11